Monday 18 April 2016

That Black Skater Dress

Holaaaa ,

I can't begin to explain you how much time I've spent on internet websites lately finding stuff as of lately . It's kindda pathetic and embarrassing , but that's what I love the most and basically what I am good at , except the fact that soon I'm gonna be a designer . What's worse is I've yet to purchase a single item from the new season of beautiful clothing . But the search is still on ..

Lately , I've seen a number of horribly styled skater dresses and tunics alike and wanted to do a post on " how to properly wear a skater dress " in the hopes of saving at least one person from the proverbial fashion police . My main piece of advice would be to remember your skater dress is a layering piece - meaning that it's not appropriate to simply toss it on and run out of the door with your bare arms and bare legs . Possibly in the summer if you have a super sweat body and pair it with adorable shoes - but most definitely not in the spring .

Anyways , the other day I managed to leave the scrubs at home and I decided to go for a ' girly ' look with this black mini skater dress that I recently purchased from Forever 21 . So , to give it up a little twist , I styled this look in two ways .

LOOK 1 : Rustic Look 

My suggestion for this look as you can see in the pictures . The black skater dress was paired with a pair of brown high boots and a blue floral - print slit cape . This adds to the " cow-boyish / rustic " feel and also feminizes the outfit a bit . Paired with only a silver work based blue ring and a black choker with multi - layered neck pieces and a pair of sunglasses to bare the heat .










DETAILS :
Black Skater Dress : Forever 21
Blue Floral Cape : Missa More
Brown Boots : Wings , Karol Bagh
Blue Ring : Local
Black Choker : Style Silhouette
Pink Bow Neck piece : Style Silhouette
Two - layered Silver Neck piece : Fashion Police India
Sunglasses : Local
On my Lips : NYX Soft Matte 


LOOK 2 : Indian Look

My suggestion for this look as you can see in the pictures . In this look , the black skater dress was paired with a Indian short jacket , it is as you are thinking is very similar to the ones we get in Rajasthan . The typical jootis , bangles , a pair of small earrings and a big goldenish - white ring and a pair of round - vintage style reflectors . This look turned out to be a very colorful look overall and was my ' personal favorite ' , when compared between these two looks . 









DETAILS :
Black Skater Dress : Forever 21
Rajasthani Jacket : Kamla Nagar
Jootis : Local
Bangles : Juvalia
White Ring : Trade Fair
Little Green Earrings : Trade Fair
Reflectors : Ray Ban
On my Lips : L'Oreal Colour Riche

All in all , this is how I would style a skater dress . If you disagree , feel free to do as you please . Or even if you like any of the above look , just feel free to comment . Just know that I'm putting a cardigan on you with my mind , LOL , just kidding :P

So , this is it for this post , more interesting posts coming up very soon . So stay tuned !

Keep loving and waiting .. Until next time !

Much Love

Shreya 

No comments:

Post a Comment